Asbestos Contractor Bel Air, CA
When you have asbestos in the home or workplace, you’ll want to immediately hire an asbestos contractor Bel Air, CA. While asbestos isn’t a huge concern at first when your property is in good condition, when materials like your walls or ceilings get damaged, asbestos can quickly pose hazardous threats to humans. Since asbestos is microscopic, it’s easy to inhale its fibers. When inhaled, asbestos can lead to an array of health concerns, including mesothelioma. Dealing with asbestos requires help from a professional team that knows how to eliminate it.
At Nielsen Environmental, our licensed and contracted team can swiftly get rid of asbestos or check if your home or business is in danger of having asbestos. Our many services include interior and exterior demolition. We can also completely tear down a building when necessary. If you have asbestos or suscept you have it, you’ll want to call one of our asbestos contractors in Bel Air, CA, today.
How Common Is Asbestos in the Home?
Since the 1980s, all homes in the U.S. have stopped using asbestos. However, while modern homes aren’t outfitted with asbestos, plenty of homes constructed before the 1980s can still have asbestos. Places where most asbestos can be found include:
- Ceiling tiles
Unfortunately, spotting asbestos is nearly impossible unless you’re a professional. If you know your home was built before 1980, then you might want to test for asbestos. Additionally, you should check for asbestos before planning any renovation or demolition project.
When Can Asbestos Become a Threat?
Any home or business with asbestos will always be prone to cause health problems to the building’s occupants. However, asbestos especially becomes an issue when a building is damaged. The threat of asbestos becomes especially serious following natural disasters like:
- Serious rain or winter storms, etc.
When these natural disasters strike, they can cause damage to a home or business. Damaged walls, floors, ceilings, etc., can quickly release more asbestos particles into the air. When inhaled, these particles are very dangerous to humans and pets.
What Health Problems Can Asbestos Cause?
The potential health problems asbestos can cause are extremely serious. While poor indoor air quality can make it harder to breathe, asbestos takes this risk a step further, claiming the lives of victims through diseases like:
- Asbestosis—this disease causes scarring in the lungs, and oxygen and carbon dioxide can’t easily pass through the lungs.
- Pleural disease—the membranes in a patient’s lungs and chest cavity can significantly change, resulting in difficulty breathing. While usually not life-threatening, this disease can dramatically reduce lung performance.
- Lung cancer—lung cancer is a malignant tumor that blocks a patient’s lung air passages.
- Mesothelioma is another type of cancer that covers a patient’s lungs and chest cavity. Symptoms of mesothelioma often don’t appear until 30 to 40 years, which is another reason why you should test for asbestos.
Contacting Our Nielsen Environmental Crew Today
When you need an asbestos contractor in Bel Air, CA, our Nielsen Environmental crew can help. We have the skills and knowledge to keep your home or business asbestos free. Call us today!