When you are faced with the removal of asbestos and all the dangers associated with it, consider contacting a professional asbestos contractor Los Angeles CA residents trust. At Nielsen Environmental, we have more than four decades of experience in providing asbestos removal in the Los Angeles area.
Asbestos was used in multiple products, including many types of building materials. A Los Angeles asbestos contractor knows that the danger of asbestos is that when it is inhaled, the microscopic fibers can become trapped in lungs. This causes scarring and inflammation which can result in serious and fatal health issues. One of the deadliest diseases asbestos causes is mesothelioma, a cancer of the tissues that line the lungs, heart, stomach, and other organs.
The federal government banned the use of asbestos years ago, but any structure built before 1980 – both residential and commercial – may still have asbestos-containing materials. These items include ceiling and ceiling tiles, floor tiles, insulation, joint compound, piping and pipe cement, roof shingles, and window glazing.
Because of the danger airborne asbestos poses, when these structures are undergoing any type of renovation or demolition, it is critical that the project is done by a certified and licensed trained asbestos contractor Los Angeles CA locals call who uses DLS, EPA, eDEP, and OSHA-approved regulations and procedures.
There are two different forms of asbestos found in structures. One form of asbestos is very easy to crumble. This is referred to as “friable” and this form can be broken up just by simple pressure. The second form is called “bonded” and requires much more force to break it up. Power tools are prohibited as a way to remove bonded asbestos. This type of removal requires a succinct and systematic approach. An asbestos contractor Los Angeles CA property owners recommend is experienced in removal of both forms of asbestos.
Asbestos removal is not just for structures undergoing renovation. People who live or work in a structure that has materials containing asbestos are at risk for asbestos-related diseases. These materials should also be removed by a professional asbestos contractor Los Angeles CA offers.
Nielsen Environmental holds certificates and licenses for asbestos removal and demolition from the following:
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- State of California Division of Occupational Health
- South Air Quality Management District
- Certificate of Registration for Asbestos-Related Work (State of California)
- Asbestos Supervisor Refresher Course (from NATEC International, Inc.)
- Earthquake Brace and Bolt (FEMA)
- Lead Supervisor (State of California Department of Public Health)
- Public Works Contractor (from the State of California)
- Small Business Enterprise Certification (from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transport Authority)
- Small Business Enterprise Certification (from the Port of Long Beach)
- Small Business Enterprise Certification (from the State of California)
- Turner School of Construction Management
Our company is also fully bonded and insured, as well. You can be assured that when you hire Nielsen Environmental, you are hiring the premier asbestos removal company in the greater Los Angeles area.
An Asbestos Contractor Los Angeles CA Businesses Recommend
If you need the services of a seasoned asbestos contractor in Los Angeles CA, call Nielsen Environmental. We are also a union shop, affiliated with Carpenter’s Local 409 and Labor’s Local 300 Asbestos Unit.
Contact an experienced asbestos contractor Los Angeles CA provides at 323-951-9722 today.